March 03, 2007

Some days are stagnant, some are like this.


I went outside with no shoes and no jacket today. All my bedroom windows are open.

Yoga class felt like 15 minutes instead of 90, and there was a parking space right in front of the library. I spent a couple of hours at the café, reading and drinking jasmine tea. If you think I might have eaten a cookie, you'd be right.

Walking home from the market, I finished writing the chorus to a blues song in my head. It's been brewing for a week or two. There's fresh basil on the counter downstairs. The Kyoto guidebook I ordered should be here next week, and the Netflixers just delivered a shiny new season of West Wing, bless their anonymous red-enveloped hearts.

Long and short of it is, I feel good. How good? I just registered for another half-marathon.

If it rains tomorrow, please remind me that everything is easier the second time around.

No comments: