November 06, 2008

Badness of marketing

We interrupt our regularly scheduled political outrage to bring you a whole different flavor of outrage: Why is the name of the new James Bond movie so f#%&ing stupid?

I just saw it on the side of a bus, and let's just say it's a good thing they don't make enormous red sharpies that I carry around with me. Yeah, good thing about that.


Die Another Day, Goldfinger, A View to a Kill
. . . Quantum of Solace?

Most Americans don't even know what those two words mean on their own, much less what they could possibly mean when they're strung randomly together. Somebody at Columbia Pictures PR should be sent back to the mailroom.

"Paradox of bloviate, Mr. Bond?"
"No, circumspect of tangent. But you look good enough to eat.
"

1 comment:

missmobtown said...

I agree, this totally irked me when I saw it. Coefficient of Shirtless, anyone?