April 27, 2006

I'm with the band

A while back, I clued you guys in to the sort of thing I read for a living. This week brought another doozy: 86 pages of instructions for installing an evaluation version of one of our products, written by a guy in Germany who, so far as I can tell, never sleeps.

I'll spare you too many stories of how this resulted in sentences like, "In the case that you are having to transfer the files to the driver that you are not having, for sure you need to locate the document onto the other server of the CD that you came in."

Let's pretend neither of us ever had to read that.

But we can definitely talk about how many terms used in this beast of a document sounded like sweet new band names:*
  • Static Librarian
  • MAD Plugin
  • Boot Scenario (albums: Flashing the Bootloader, Boot Project)
  • Second Skin
  • Radio Button (albums: Skins Button, Needles Button)
  • The Prebuilds
  • Power Cycle (album: Out/Off)
  • Image Project
  • Hot Plug and Play
  • Pin1
  • Core Dump Connection
  • Command Shell
  • Flash Bank (album: Bad Block Management)
  • Speedbar
Tell me you can't imagine at least a few of those plastered on telephone poles in your downtown. Tonight! Static Librarian opens for Second Skin and The Prebuilds.

And believe me when I say that entertaining myself like this is how I got through pages 2 to 86.


* No words were altered or harmed in the creation of this list.

No comments: