April 28, 2008

Third half

I've been meaning to post about the Santa Cruz Half Marathon, even though it's already an ancient, sweaty memory.

Highlights include the beautiful ocean views, the friendly crowd, and the fact that I managed to finish without dying. Lowlights include the heat, losing my sweet new running cap, the amount of horse crap on the trail, and the fact that I was too busy trying not to die to appreciate the beautiful ocean views.


The first eight miles felt great, then I realized my legs were about to stop working if I didn't slow down. So I missed my goal of beating my time from last summer's San Francisco Marathon, but I did do better than my first try at the Nike Women's Marathon.

Bib: 965
Age: 29
City: SF
Place:
876 out of 1558
Finish:
2:11:36.2
Pace: 10:03
Soundtrack: Big Soul, Jurassic 5, Ministry of Sound, Mary J. Blige, The Roots, Automatic Duo, Damian Marley, OK Go, Mos Def, MC Solaar, Madonna, Amy Winehouse, Lady Sovereign, Lauryn Hill, Moby, Moloko, Outkast, Edwin Starr, Blackalicious, The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy

No comments: