May 18, 2008

Breakerdancing

Today's news: 12K is my new favorite distance, especially when it means running next to a trio of butterfly nymphs, a fleet of Elvises, and more Vikings than you can throw a tortilla at.

Yes, Bay to Breakers is all they say and more. I'm a fan.

Favorite sightings, other than eight naked people (shouldn't there be more?), included a woman dressed as a pair of scissors with a guy in a T-shirt that said, "Don't run with scissors"; a dude in a banana suit with a lady dressed as Carmen Miranda (her banana-laden hat somehow stayed on); the biggest afro ever; and two pairs of Juno & Bleekers in maroon shorts and yellow headbands. I wish I'd seen the Storm Troopers, but they must have come by later.

The extreme Jesus freaks were out in full effect also, just in case the drunken, giddy masses needed to be reminded of their multitude of sins. It would have been more disturbing if most everyone hadn't seemed to find the condemnation hilarious, but it was still pretty disturbing.

If I ever decide to try and win this race, remind me to become Kenyan. But I think I might need to take pictures of it next year instead.

No comments: