December 02, 2008

Urbanniversary

After almost eight years in the East Bay, I finally gave in and moved across the bridge to the Mission a year ago today.

What I miss: cheaper rent, quieter streets (yes—in Oakland), Mama's, La Note, Cafe Temescal, Bakesale Betty, running Lake Merritt, Berkeley Bowl, Albatross, Van Kleef, Starry Plough, Stork Club, Joaquin Miller Park, Yoshi's, Sola Lucy, Pegasus, street cred.

What I love: commute that doesn't involve driving or underwater tunnels, running into friends on the street all the time, being within walking distance of everywhere I want to go out, Papalote, Que Tal, Latin American, Aslam's Rasoi, Suriya, Ritual, Green Apple, Dog Eared Books, Elbo Room, Make-Out Room, Fattoush, Bar Tartine, Kamei, constant availability of tacos.

So how am I celebrating tonight? You get one guess. It starts with "b" and ends with "ito."

7 comments:

Lizzo said...

banging Judge Ito?

Lizzo said...

p.s. please change the link to my bloggy-- i moved to www.tinyacrobats.blogspot.com.

Gracias!

The BCB said...

Blasphemy! You know I only bang competent judges.

Will update that link now. I wondered why you disappeared from Google Reader.

Amy said...

My first thought... bojito? Damn, I've been gone too long... Can't wait to haunt all the haunts with you!

The BCB said...

I'm already prepping the bars and taco stands for your arrival. You can knock 'em all out with your Spanish, too. Woo hoo!

missmobtown said...

A bracing mojito? As if there were any other kind.

The BCB said...

You people clearly don't eat enough Mexican food. Come visit me, we'll fix that.