November 01, 2005

The sun's not yella, it's chicken

I'm happy that it's light outside when I get up now, but the darkness at 5:30 p.m. plan just makes me sleepy. Maybe it's way too have-my-cake-and-eat-it, but why can't the sun cooperate more with my schedule? Say by giving us an extra hour of daylight in the morning and the evening, instead of this tit for tat business. I don't think most folks would mind a 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daytime.

Mind you, this isn't a bout of Alaska envy. Perpetual sunshine for part of the year sounds like a nightmare also. I'm just putting in a friendly request for billions of years of natural evolution to bend slightly to the left, so I can feel like I'm not at work until the middle of the night.

People have asked for more, right? Check out the King James Version sometime. Now those guys were greedy.

No comments: