January 12, 2006

Reheated

Hmm. Looks like people aren't feeling especially comment-y (except The Divine Miss M), and I can't blame you—it's not exactly the most pressing issue of the day. But a few ideas did show up in email. Thanks!

In a thrilling and unexpected twist, nobody voted for any of the names on the list except Fritz (one vote).
Folks with time on their hands offered these fine alternatives instead: Gigi, Kermit, Sergio, Syriana, Tetsuo, and some unpronounceable German monstrosity from my dad that I couldn't spell even if I remembered it.

You are all mahvelous. I'll let you know the results soon. It feels like the muse will strike any day now.

In other news, I finally finished that butternut squash soup tonight. Yes, from weeks and weeks ago. You'll no doubt be thrilled to learn that it freezes well. So does the yummy artichoke and mushroom quiche I made . . . um . . . a while back. There are always leftover ingredients, so I put together an extra and stashed it away for a rainy day.

It's been raining, so I was happy to heat some up for dinner. But it still didn't feel connected to real cooking. Even though I did originally make the stuff, it managed to seem like fast food somehow. The moral? Fresh is always best.

Lesson of the day neatly filed away, I'm going to futz with the hard drive I bought to prep for iPod parenthood. My office neighbor finally got it to work. Now I just need to actually order the iPod and learn how to use it, and great things will surely happen.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry I missed the election--I've been slack in my blog-reading duties and finally, it's starting to have consequences! I won't give you any more suggestions, because I'm feeling rather blank upstairs and besides, I wouldn't want to muddy the waters. I'm sure the muse will indeed strike soon.

The BCB said...

No problem, thanks for checking in...so many blogs, so little time, so many actual things to do out in the world. I think it might even be a good sign that you're reading stuff like books instead.