May 16, 2006

Return to the seventh circle

I'm in Florida. Again. There's really nothing more to say.

Except the shuttle ride from the airport to the hotel took an hour and a half for some reason, and the only reasons I didn't go insane were 1) deliriously tired; 2) sharing my seat with a pint-sized elderly woman who was beside herself with excitement about the enormous, glorified strip mall that passes for Orlando's downtown.

She kept pinching her even elderlier husband on the arm and saying things like, "Look, Jim, they have a waffle house! Look, a Black Angus Steak House! Only $9.99 for steak and seafood? That's so cheap!" Then she turned to me and said, "Isn't this exciting? There's so much to see!"

She totally wasn't kidding.

The thing is . . . what do old people do at Disney World? I'm genuinely wondering.

1 comment:

Erin Jourdan said...

I've been there! Orlando circa 1999. It drove me to drink! Hang in there!